Learn About Our Strategies and How to Apply
The Rider-Pool Foundation’s funding program is focused on:
- Human Services
- Culture and Art
- Community Development
The Trustees have made significant changes in how the organization awards grant monies. Beginning in 2014, The Rider-Pool Foundation, while maintaining a responsive component of support, took a proactive approach in seeking funding opportunities consistent with our mission. The Rider-Pool Foundation’s sharpened focus concentrates on three major topics:
- Generational Success in Education
- Community Development Linked to the Economic Development in the Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone
- Measurement for Results
Support is provided to organizations working within the Lehigh Valley region of eastern Pennsylvania.
All requests are reviewed and evaluated by The Rider-Pool Foundation’s Executive Director. Final approval is determined by The Rider-Pool Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Awards are made for unsolicited proposals once a year. Requests are accepted through an electronic application process located below.
Requests should be as concise as possible and include:
- A description of need
- Specific objectives (what you plan to accomplish with the funds)
- A work plan to accomplish objectives, including a time schedule
- A proposed method to evaluate project effectiveness
- A budget fully defined, including all sources of financial support, committed and pending
- Evidence of the organization’s not-for-profit tax status
- Current Board of Directors (we also like to hear about how your Board reflects the population you serve)
The Rider-Pool Foundation is restricted from providing funds to individuals, legislative or lobbying efforts, political or fraternal organizations or organizations outside the United States and its territories. The Rider-Pool Foundation, as a policy, does not provide operating or capital funds to sectarian institutions, hospitals, organizations or programs in which funds will be used primarily for the propagation of religion. Further, The Rider-Pool Foundation does not underwrite charitable or testimonial dinners, fund-raising events or related advertising or the subsidization of books, mailings or articles in professional journals.
Please contact our office with any inquiries or questions.
Please note – The Rider-Pool Foundation’s application process will open July 1.